Tuesday 20 September 2011

Frontline Gamer: the Imperium of Man as a metaphor for Games Workshop.

Blogging will be sparse these days as I am constantly distracted by Space Marine's fantastic multiplayer and unimportant things like job-hunting, but also because my paint station isn't the most convenient here at home:


It's a tad cramped, is what I'm saying, and no room to set up my laptop to watch the Thundercats reboot while I apply bloodstains to my Druchii.

So, I'm compromising a bit, by resorting to plagiarism.  Well, not really, but kinda.  I recently came along a fantastic article about the current state of Games Workshop, which can be read here.  It compares GW to the Imperium of man; massive, dogmatic and fanatical, beset on all sides by heretics and aliens (both old and new) and decaying away.  I thought it was a well thought out and provoking extended metaphor/theory/argument, and I'd urge you all to take a peek at the very least.  Just pop over to see what the fuss is, in a way.

That's all for now folks.

3 comments:

  1. Your painting area reminds me of mine in my first flat after uni'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for sharing the link. It made a welcome alternative to reading incredibly dry papers on vitellogenin expression in social organisms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Gungrave - the sad thing about that picture is not all of it's mine. The sniper scouts and unpainted blisters on the far right are my brother's.

    @ Smurf - You're very welcome.

    ReplyDelete