Monday 20 February 2012

Dark Elf Spearmen


It may come as a surprise, but yes, I still do collect my Dark Elves.  They are still the only actual army I own, now excepting the Infinity Yu-Jing bunch, but I count them as more of a strike team than an army...

This is a unit that I actually built almost a year ago now, but only to 66% completion.  I finished the highlights for the blue armour and the skin, the highlights and insignia on the shields as well as the gold-ish pieces of bling and the bases in the last couple of days.  My next port of call with the Druchii would be to either finish off some characters that need finishing, or to begin the labourious task of repairing my badly chipped Black Guard regiment.  I'm either going to need a battlefoam-esque contraption to carry them or I need to varnish them thoroughly, the first's expensive and the second's undesirable.  Unless I bother tracking down the good matt varnish I saw promoted on some forums...

There's an Infinity hacker ninja in the works too, but there are still a lot of hard-to-reach pockets of metal visible on the model, so it's gonna need a bit of touching up before it gets uploaded.

That's it for naow.  Happy dice-rolling!

2 comments:

  1. These guys look great. I love the banner and the contrast in colors between the armour and the shields is a nice touch.

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, thanks. Sometimes I feel that using contrasting colours is my default style of painting. These guys are a little bit primary colour oriented as well; being mainly blue with a touch of red and yellow in the form of the gold details. The rest are almost all neutral black, grey and white colours.

      Delete